Do not leave your poor dollies with cold feet 😉
On to the pattern!
I knit these from cuff to toe.
You will need: 4ply yarn, 1.5mm DPN
The socks will also fit if knit with 2 mm DPN, but will be a bit bulkier. If you knit for MSD larger than Minifee, do use 2mm DPN! E.g. for my DIM and Impldoll or the Planetdoll body, I need the 2mm…
Knit with 2.5 mm (and more rounds for the foot in lengths), the socks will fit 1/3 BJD 😉 unless you knit really, really tight…
Short description: CO 20, k1p1 for cuff for 4 rds, then knit how high you want (these: 12rds), heel is turned “boomerang“ fashion (short rows, over 10 st 3-4-3), foot 15 rds, then normal decreases for toe e.o.r down to 8 st, pull together, and done 🙂
Fear not, here is also the detailed description 😉
- Needle size: 1.5 mm, DPN
- Yarn: fingerin yarn (4-ply)
- Cast on 20 st. and divide onto four (5 st per needle) DPN. Join to knit in the round; be careful not to twist. (You can also knit on three DPN until you want to start the heel; then it is easier to first work on four DPN; later, you can use one needle for the heel, just remember that basically, your round then starts in the middle of this needle!)
- Rounds 1-4: k1p1 ribbing
- Rounds 5-10: knit
- To work the heel, you will work over 10 st. These will be divided in 3-4-3 for the edges and the middle of the heel. For me, it is easier to have these 10 st on one needle, but see warning above and remember that your round starts in the middle of this needle! (You basically combine needles No. 4 and No.1 by just knitting further after knitting needle No. 4. Knit to end of needle No. 1. TURN.
- ROW 1 (wrong side row): Put your working yarn in front of your right hand needle and hold it a bit while slipping the first stitch purlwise. Pull tight and it will appear as a doubled stitch. Purl the next two stitches tightly. Purl to end of needle (9 st in total after first “doubled” st). TURN.
- Row 2 (right side row): as row 1, but knit and leave stitch No. 10, which is the doubled stitch from the first row, alone. TURN.
- Repeat these rows until you have 3 doubled st. on each side. The last doubled stitch is formed in a right side (=knit) row. Then knit to end of needle. Knit the 3 doubled st. tightly.
- You have finished the first half of the heel. Now knit needles No2 and No3.
- Knit the 3 doubled st on you heel needle (“heel edge”). Then the second half of the heel begins.
- Knit 4 st (“heel middle”)
- ROW 1 (wrong side row): Put your working yarn in front of your right hand needle and hold it a bit while slipping the first of the four heel stitches purlwise. Pull tight and it will appear as a doubled stitch. Purl the next 3 stitches tightly. TURN.
- ROW 2 (right side row): As row 1, but knit and work to the doubled st. knit doubled st. Knit one more st.TURN.
- ROW 3 (wrong side row): As row 1, purl to doubled st., purl doubled st., purl one more st. TURN.
- Repeat rows 2 and 3 until you reach the ends of the heel needle. Last doubled st. is worked in a right side row. Then continue knitting in the round. Knit the doubled st. tightly.
- Knit for 15 rounds
- If easier, divide the st. to four DPN again. You will work the decreases at the side of the foot (never on sole or on the back of the foot 😉 )
- Needle 1: knit to the last 3 st, k2tog, k1. Needle 2: k1, skp, knit the rest of st. Needle 3: as Needle 1. Needle 4: as Needle 2.
- Knit one round.
- repeat the last to rounds until you have 2 st. left on each needle (=8 st)
- Cut yarn, leaving a tail to pull trough the remaining stitches (pull tight to avoid front gaping).
Have fun knitting many tiny socks!